Manila, July 12, 2017 – The Professional Regulation Commission awarded the best and the brightest Filipino professionals in the country last June 23, 2017 at the Manila Hotel.
The Commission holds an annual awarding ceremonies to honor the different professionals who embody the PRC ideals of Professionalism, and integrity, Responsibility, unity and accountability as well as Competence and excellence. The activity started with a photo opportunity of all the awardees with the PRC Chairman Teofilo S. Pilando, Jr., Commissioners Angeline T. Chua Chiaco and Yolanda D. Reyes.
The awarding ceremonies started with a processional of all the awardees where everyone looked dashing and dazzling with their long gowns for women and barong tagalog for men. Gracing the affair was Secretary Martin Andanar from the Presidential Communications Office who was also the guest of honor and delivered the keynote speech.
The awardees went one by one on stage to receive their trophy while their personal and professional initiatives, awards and achievements were being read. The following are the awardees:
- From the Business, Education and Social Cluster:
- Eugene T. Mateo - Outstanding Certified Public Accountant
- Rolando E. Quiambao - Outstanding Customs Broker
- Estelito A. Dela Cruz - Outstanding Criminologist
- Mila M. Ramos - Outstanding Librarian
- Pedro C. Tario - Outstanding Real Estate Practitioner
- Lourdes K. Ledesma - Outstanding Psychologist
- Lolita D. Pablo - Outstanding Social Worker
- Teresita G. Inciong - Outstanding Professional Teacher
- From the Engineering Cluster:
- Deo B. Deocampo - Outstanding Aeronautical Engineer
- Ireneo dlc Agulto - Outstanding Agricultural Engineer
- Nathaniel P. Dugos - Outstanding Chemical Engineer
- Romeo S. Momo - Outstanding Civil Engineer
- Alexander S. Buyco - Outstanding Electrical Engineer
- Mario A. Balboa - Outstanding Electronics Engineer
- Jose P. Gatus - Outstanding Geodetic Engineer
- Archie B. Maglaya - Outstanding Mechanical Engineer
- Rainaline R. Tan - Outstanding Metallurgical Engineer
- Rolando G. Mangulabnan - Outstanding Sanitary Engineer
- Health and Allied Cluster:
- Luis D. Uy - Outstanding Dentist
- Corazon D. Dela Cruz - Outstanding Midwife
- Jose Florencio F. Lapeña, Jr. - Outstanding Physician
- Supachai Amphay Basit - Outstanding Medical Technologist
- Lilia S. Teves - Outstanding Nutritionist -Dietitian
- Christine A. Samson-Enriquez - Outstanding Optometrist
- Helen B. Espejo - Reyes - Outstanding Pharmacist
- Gayline F. Manalang - Outstanding Physical Therapist
- Lilia C. Suaiso - Outstanding Radiologic Technologist
- Araceli H. Pascual - Outstanding Respiratory Therapist
- Luzviminda T. Simborio - Outstanding Veterinarian
- Technology Center:
- Abelardo M. Tolentino, Jr. - Outstanding Architect
- Corazon B. Cruz - Outstanding Environmental Planner
- Gerardo C. Janairo - Outstanding Chemist
- Ma. Victoria S. Almario - Outstanding Interior Designer
- Benjamin J. Gonzales - Outstanding Fisheries Technologist
- Monina T. Uriarte - Outstanding Forester
A special award was also given to the Philippine Medical Association (PMA) as the Outstanding Accredited Professional Organization (APO) for Category A while the United Architects of the Philippines (UAP) garnered the same for Category B.
Dr. Jose Florencio Lapeña, M.D. was the recipient of the most coveted Eric Nubla Excellence Award.
The Panel of Judges was composed of Court of Appeals Justice Jose C. Reyes, Jr. sitting as Chairman and Justice Apolonio D. Bruselas, Jr. and Justice Gabriel T. Robeniol as members.