The Professional Regulation Commission (PRC) announces that 1,208 out of 2,212 passed the various grades of the written phase of the MARINE ENGINEER OFFICERS LICENSURE EXAMINATIONS given by the Board for Marine Engineer Officers in Manila last January 2010.
The members of the Board for Marine Engineer Officers are Engr. Jose G. Abugan, Chairman; Engr. Miguel O. Marasigan, Vice-Chairman; Engr. Victoriano A. Alojado, Engr. Ferdinand R. Pascua and Engr. Eldefonso G. Uba, Members.
The results were released after three (3) working days from the last day of examinations.
Registration for the issuance of Certificate of Registration and Professional Identification Cards for those who are exempted in the practical assessment will start on Monday, February 8, 2010 until February 26, 2010 in the Central Office; and on Monday, February 8, 2010 until February 12, 2010 in the Regional Offices.
The Professional Regulation Commission (PRC) also announces that 478 examinees passed the computer based Walk-in-Examination System – Theoretical Phase for the Second Marine Engineers and Officer-In-Charge - E.W., that were held from September 5, 2009 to January 29, 2010.
In addition, 712 applicants were approved for upgrading without examination as Chief Engineer Officers as per Board Res. No. 129 dated Sept. 29, 2009, Board Res. No. 134 dated Oct. 07, 2009, Board Res. No. 144 dated Oct. 27, 2009, Board Res. No. 149 dated Nov. 11, 2009, Board Res. No. 156 dated Nov. 24, 2009, Board Res. No. 166 dated Dec. 21, 2009, Board Res. No. 03 dated Jan. 05, 2010, Board Res. No. 04 dated Jan. 12, 2010 and Board Res. No. 11 dated Jan. 27, 2010 Series of 2009 & 2010.
The oathtaking ceremony of the successful examinees as well as the previous ones who have not taken their Oath of Professional and those who opted to submit ERS Assessment Certificates will be held before the Board on Wednesday March 10, 2010 at 1:00 o’clock in the afternoon at the SMX Convention Center, Mall of Asia Complex, Pasay City.
Certificate of Competency and Certificate of Endorsement shall be distributed during the oathtaking ceremony to the Chief Engineers and Second Engineers who successfully passed the board examinations and completed the required STCW 95 compulsory training and sea service. They shall proceed to MEOD and STCW section for registration and validation as soon as possible in order to expedite the processing of the above-mentioned certificates.
Registration for membership with the Marine Engineer Officers Association of the Philippines (MEOAP) will start after registration as a professional with the board and the Commission.
- Full text of the Official Result of January 2010 Marine Engineer Officer Licensure Examinations
- Performance of schools in the January 2010 Marine Engineer Officer Licensure Examinations
- List of successful examinees who garnered the ten (10) highest places (Chief Marine Engineer Officer-Written Phase)
- List of successful examinees who garnered the ten (10) highest places (Second Marine Engineer Officer-Written Phase)
- List of successful examinees who garnered the ten (10) highest places (OIC of an Engineering Watch-Written Phase)
- List of successful examinees in the January 2010 Marine Engineer Officer Licensure Examination
- List of approved applicants for upgrading as Chief Engineer Officer as per Series of Board Resolutions in 2009 & 2010
- List of Successful Examinees for the Computer-Based Licensure Examination (WES) (September 5, 2009 – January 29, 2010)