The Professional Regulation Commission informs all its Regional Offices and its transacting public that the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) - Cebu is accepting documents for authentication starting 15 August 2019 (soft opening).
The Commission further reiterates the following new procedures in the authentication of issued Certifications, Authentications, Verifications (CAVs) and similar documents:
- The DFA shall fix an Apostille instead of Red Ribbon authentication to PRC documents, as proof of authentication for use abroad.
- Instead of sending the Certification/CAVs directly to the DFA, the Commission shall issue/release to the applicants in sealed envelope the documents for authentication, and the applicant shall personally submit the same to the DFA for authentication at his/her preferred schedule.
- Further, the professional may opt to authorize representative provided a copy of valid ID and authorization letter are attached to the request for DFA authentication.
The submission of documents may be done in any of the following DFA Consular Offices (COs) for authentication:
- DFA NCR West (SM Manila)
- DFA NCR East (SM Megamall)
- DFA NCR South (Metro Alabang Town Center)
- DFA NCR Northeast (Ali Mall, Cubao)
- DFA Pampanga (Robinson’s Place, San Fernando)
- DFA Davao (SM City Davao)
- DFA Cebu (Pacific Mall, Mandaue City)