ADVISORY: Foreign Professionals Who Intend to Undergo Residency/Fellowship Training Program
Starting 30 July 2019, the Professional Regulation Commission (PRC) and the Professional Regulatory Board of Medicine will accept applications for the Qualifying Assessment/Examination for Foreign Medical Professionals (FMP) who intend to undergo residency training programs in the Philippines.
All FMP applicants are advised to submit the following requirements personally to the Licensure and Registration Division in any of the PRC Regional Offices:
- Duly accomplished Application Form for Qualifying Assessment/Examination
- Letter of Intent to pursue medical residency or fellowship training in the Philippines addressed to the Professional Regulatory Board of Medicine Chairperson detailing therein his/her future professional plans, including place of practice after the completion of the training program. (The name of the Chairperson is available at https://www.prc.gov.ph/professional-regulatory-boards.)
- Original or Certified True Copy of Transcript of academic records;
- Certification as a registered physician or its equivalent issued by the Ministry of Health/Professional Regulatory Authority or such other appropriate regulatory body in the foreign country/state;
- Letter of recommendation from the Dean of the College of Medicine from which he/she graduated; (if the FMP applicant has started a training program, he/she must also submit a Certificate of Good Moral character from the training institutions/hospital.)
- Three (3) pieces of passport size ID pictures in white background with name tag;
- Photocopy of valid passport as proof of citizenship; and
- Photocopy of the valid 9 (a) or Temporary Visitor’s Visa issued by the Bureau of Immigration
All applications shall be subject to the evaluation and approval of the Professional Regulatory Board of Medicine. The approval shall not be later than 30 August 2019. Qualified applicants shall be notified immediately and a Notice of Admission shall be personally issued to the FMP applicant. The examination venue/s shall be posted at the PRC website (www.prc.gov.ph) two to three working days prior to the scheduled date of the Qualifying Assessment/Examination.
All eligible FMPs from ASEAN Member States shall, by virtue of Mutual Recognition Agreements/Arrangement (MRAs) on Medical Practitioners, shall be issued Certificate of Exemption from the Qualifying Assessment/Examination subject to the submission of the abovementioned requirements and fees.
- Applications with incomplete information and/supporting documents will not be processed and/or entertained.
- The filing of applications shall not be later than 16 August 2019.
- For legalization of document in the Philippines, all documents issued abroad from a member of the Apostille Convention must include an Apostille Certification by the appropriate competent authority of the issuing country. https://www.hcch.net/en/instruments/conventions/status-table/?cid=41). However, documents issued in countries that did not accede to the Apostille-convention shall have their documents authenticated by the Philippine Embassy/Consulate.
- The prescribed fee for processing of application for Qualifying Assessment/Examination is Php 1,100.00 while the fee for Certificate of Exemption is Php 900.00
The schedule of the Qualifying Assessment/Examination is on 6 September and 13 September 2019 respectively. The Examination venue will be in Manila only.