Board of Nutrition and Dietetics

US RD Examination?

Click here for more photos Under the International Affairs/Agreements section is the Reciprocity Agreement between PRC and the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR). CDR is the credentialing agency for the American Dietetic Association. Through this Reciprocity Agreement a RND may take the RD examination in the US after submitting credentials required. There are only 5 countries in the world that ADA/CDR has a Reciprocity Agreement with and these are: Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, Holland and the only Asian country… the Philippines.

How to get the Eligibility Application Form:

Send an email to Ms. Peggy Anderson regarding your interest to take the Registration Examination with the following information:

  • Your complete mailing address with your full name as it appears on your government-issued photo identification card ( i.e. driver’s license, passport, current PRC ID, etc.)
  • Email address:
  • For regular mail communications use this address:

    Ms. Peggy Anderson
    Manager, Registration Eligibility Services
    Commission on Dietetic Registration
    120 South Riverside Plaza, Suite 2000
    Chicago, Illinois 60606-6995
    Tel.: 001-312-899-4764
    Fax: 001-312-899-4772

Visit CDR’s website at

Visit ADA’s website at

Where to apply for Foreign Degree Equivalency Report:
Credentials Evaluation Services, Inc.
P.O. Box 66940
Los Angeles, CA 90066

Foreign Educational Document Service
P.O. Box 4091
Stockton, CA 95204

International Consultants of Delaware, Inc.
109 Barksdale Professional Center
Newark, DE 19711

World Education Services, Inc.
P.O. Box 745
Old Chelsea Station
New York, NY 10113

World Education Services, Inc.
P.O. Box 11623
Chicago, IL 60611-0623

Note: Applicants are responsible for complying with all agency procedures and costs. You are advised to call the above agencies for details for procedures and payment.

How to apply for the Verification Statement
  1. Apply through the PRC Registration Office for a Verification Statement on a CDR letterhead through the Board of Nutrition and Dietetics.
  2. Renew your PRC ID if it has expired. For RNDs whose license are about to expire within the year, earlier renewal than stated date on PRC ID Card is allowed.
  3. All individuals requesting a verification statement from the PRC must submit to PRC documentation certifying the completion of at least three years experience in any field related to nutrition or dietetics.

To verify if you are eligible under the Reciprocity Agreement and to how to obtain the Verification Statement, you may contact :

For inquiries contact:

Ms. Helda Nacional
Secretary Board of Nutrition and Dietetics
632/ 314-0018
632/ 735-1533
Email address:

Upon completion of requirements, send all documents to CDR.

Reciprocity will extend only to individuals who completed all certification requirements (didactic, experiential and examination) in the Philippines.

For those with US Visa, check if it is still valid otherwise renew Visa before calling Act Test Center to schedule your examination. The authorization to take the examination is valid only for one year. Retake is allowed after 45 days from the initial examination upon payment of required fees.

Once you pass the RD Examination, you will be awarded the Registered Dietitian credential by CDR.

How to maintain RD status:
  • Pay annual dues.
  • Accomplish the Professional Development Portfolio and based on this, work on your continuing education credits of 75 units for the 5 year program.
  • Failure to follow the above will mean cancellation of RD status. Recertification examination is required to get back to the RD status.

Information Visit webpage of other Boards

Official Gazette
Open Data Portal