The Professional Regulation Commission (PRC) announces that 958 out of 1,648 passed the various grades of the written phase of the MARINE ENGINEER OFFICERS LICENSURE EXAMINATIONS given by the Board for Marine Engineer Officers in Manila this September 2009.
The members of the Board for Marine Engineer Officers are Engr. Jose G. Abugan, Chairman (on leave); Engr. Miguel O. Marasigan, Vice-Chairman; Engr. Victoriano A. Alojado, Engr. Ferdinand R. Pascua and Engr. Eldefonso G. Uba, Members.
The results were released after four (4) working days from the last day of examinations.
Registration for the issuance of Certificate of Registration and Professional Identification Cards for those who are exempted in the practical assessment will start on Monday, October 19, 2009 in the Central Office; and on Tuesday, September 29, 2009 until October 15, 2009 in the Regional Offices.
The Professional Regulation Commission (PRC) also announces that 674 examinees passed the computer based Walk-in-Examination System – Theoretical Phase for the Second Marine Engineers and Officer-In-Charge - E.W., that were held from May 25, 2009 to September 4, 2009.
In addition, 614 applicants were approved for upgrading without examination as Chief Engineer Officers as per Board Res. No. 50 dated June 15, 2009, Board Res. No.60 dated July 2, 2009, Board Res. No. 68 dated July 14, 2009, Board Res. No. 72 dated July 24, 2009, Board Res. No. 83 dated August 12, 2009, Board Res. No. 90 dated August 28, 2009 and Board Res. No. 123 dated September 11, 2009, Series of 2009.
The oathtaking ceremony of the successful examinees as well as the previous ones who have not taken their Oath of Professional and those who opted to submit ERS Assessment Certificates will be held before the Board on Wednesday, November 4, 2009 at 1:00 o’clock in the afternoon at the Manila Hotel, One Rizal Park, Roxas Boulevard, Manila.
Certificate of Competency and Certificate of Endorsement shall be distributed during the oathtaking ceremony to the Chief Engineers and Second Engineers who successfully passed the board examinations and completed the required STCW95 compulsory training and sea service. They shall proceed to MEOD and STCW section for registration and validation as soon as possible in order to expedite the processing of the above-mentioned certificates.
Registration for membership with the Marine Engineer Officers Association of the Philippines (MEOAP) will start after registration as a professional with the board and the Commission.
- Full text of the Official Result of September 2009 Marine Engineer Officers Licensure Examinations
- Performance of schools in the September 2009 Marine Engineer Officers Licensure Examinations
- List of successful examinees who garnered the ten (10) highest places
- List of successful examinees in the September 2009 Marine Engineer Officers Licensure Examinations
- List of approved applicants for upgrading as Chief Engineer Officer as per Board Res. No. 50 dated June 15, 2009, Board Res. No. 60 dated July 2, 2009, Board Res. No. 68 dated July 14, 2009, Board Res. No. 72 dated July 24, 2009, Board Res. No. 83 dated August 12, 2009, Board Res. No. 90 dated August 28, 2009 and Board Res. No. 123 dated September 11, 2009, Series of 2009.