More than four (4) decades of excellent and dedicated service to the Filipino professionals and a history of significant accomplishments achieved through quality projects and programs, this June 22, 2021 the Professional Regulation Commission (PRC) will seal its forty-eight (48) years of worthwhile existence.
A virtual weeklong celebration with several relevant activities to commemorate the PRC’s 48th founding anniversary with the theme “Role of Filipino Professionals in Sustaining National Development and International Collaboration amidst Global Challenges” will run starting June 16 to 22, 2021.
With its creation on June 22, 1973 through Presidential Decree No. 223, the Professional Regulation Commission since then has been continuously the instrument of the Filipino people in securing for the country a reliable, trustworthy and progressive system of determining the competence of professionals by the administration of credible and valid licensure examinations and institutionalizing standards of professional practice that are globally recognized.
On its 48th founding anniversary, PRC will continue to fulfill its mandate and realize its vision “to be the instrument of the Filipino people in securing for the nation a reliable, trustworthy and progressive system of determining the competence of professionals by credible and valid licensure examinations and standards of professional practice that are globally recognized”, and its mission “to deliberately, scientifically and consistently determine the competence of professionals through the provision of professional standards and judicious issuance of professional license”.
The virtual week-long activities at the PRC Central Office in Morayta, Manila, will kick off on June 16, 2020. The opening ceremony will be followed by the conduct of “PRC Got Talent”, a singing and TikTok contest that will be participated by PRC employees and Professional Regulatory Boards Chairmen/Chairpersons and Members, including representatives of the various Accredited Professional Organizations (APOs) / Accredited Integrated Professional Organizations (AIPOs), and other agency partners and stakeholders.
The line up of the weeklong event will include the following:
June 17, 2021 – Philippine Association of the Professional Regulatory Board Members (PAPRB) Day
- Lecture on “COVID-19, One Year After: Lessons Learned”
- Lecture on “Oral Health Care amidst the Pandemic”
- Tele-consultation on Medical, Dental, and Wellness Concerns together with the PRB Medicine, PRB Dentistry and other Concerned PRBs
June 18, 2021 (AM) – Philippine Federation of Professional Association (PFPA) Day
- Lecture on “Current Situation of COVID-19 Cases and Home Management”
- Lecture on “Current Diagnostics Strategy for COVID-19 Patients”
- Lecture on “Problems and Challenges in Hospital Settings during COVID-19 Pandemic”
- Lecture on “Nursing Care for COVID-19 Patients”
June 18, 2021 (PM) – Eastern Regional Organization for Planning and Human Settlements (EAROPH) Free Webinar Series 3 of 2021
June 22, 2021 – PRC Webinar Session
- Webinar on “Thriving in a Flexible Work Environment”
June 23, 2021 – PRC Recognition Day
- (AM) Recognition Ceremony for Loyalty Awardees, Academic Achievement, Perfect Attendance, Retirees, Former Professional Regulatory Boards, and Posthumous
- (PM) Virtual Contests:
- Most Creative Face Mask Contest
- Social Media Challenge
- What’s Your Story Video Contest
- Collector’s Story Video Contest
- Dance Contest
- Work-From-Home Photo Contest
PRC Regional Offices across the country will also hold activities such as the observance of National Tree Planting Day, also known as the “Arbor Day” on the 25th of June, 2021.