The pandemic might have brought numerous challenges and restrictions to the Professional Regulation Commission (PRC). Still, its desire to recognize the professionals' noteworthy achievements and contributions in their respective fields of expertise was strong enough to make the 2020 PRC AWARDS a successful virtual event with the exceptional support of the Foundation of Outstanding Professionals (FOP).
Witnessed by thousands of virtual audiences worldwide, PRC streamed via Facebook live last December 17, 2020, the 2020 PRC Awards with the theme "Outstanding Professionals: The Shining Light Amidst the Challenges of Time".
PRC Chairman Honorable Teofilo S. Pilando, Jr., headed the ceremony with PRC Commissioners Honorable Yolanda D. Reyes and Honorable Commissioner Jose Y. Cueto.
This year's event was truly remarkable as it was virtually graced by the Department of Local Employment (DOLE) Secretary Hon. Silvestre Bello III and Supreme Court of Philippines Chief Justice Hon. Diosdado M. Peralta.
Results of the prestigious national outstanding professionals of the year award are as follows:
- Business, Education and Social Work Cluster
- Accountancy – Ms. Maria Victoria C. Españo
- Customs Broker – Mr. Antonio Meliton Pascual
- Guidance Counseling – Ms. Remedios C. Neroza
- Librarian – Mr. Stephen B. Alayon
- Professional Teacher – Ms. Lolita M. Andrada
- Psychology – Mr. Allan B.I. Bernardo
- Real Estate Service – Mr. Eduardo C. Ong
- Social Work – Ms. Maria Luisa T. Bermudo
- Engineering Cluster
- Chemical Engineering – Engr. Arnel N. Cabungcal
- Civil Engineering – Engr. Apollo S. Enriquez
- Electrical Engineering – Engr. Robert U. Mabulay
- Engineering – Engr. May Rose C. Imperial
- Geodetic Engineering – Engr. Reuel Trazo Pintor
- Metallurgical Engineering – Engr. Arturo T. Manto
- Mining Engineering – Engr. Jose B. Anievas
- Sanitary Engineering – Engr. Robert S. Licup
- Health and Allied Cluster
- Dentistry – Dr. Mario Antonio E. Esquillo
- Medical Technology – Dr. Felicisimo D. Martinez, Jr.
- Medicine – Dr. Josephine M. Robredo-Bundoc
- Midwifery – Ms. Corazon F. Landicho
- Nursing – Ms. Sheila R. Bonito
- Nutrition and Dietetics – Ms. Ma. Veritas F. Luna
- Optometry – Ms. Elena C. Borromeo
- Pharmacy – Mr. Roderick Layug Salenga
- Physical Therapy – Mr. Donald G. Manlapaz
- Radiologic Technology – Mr. Joey T. Casayuran
- Respiratory Therapy – Ms. Davie C. Regalario
- Veterinary Medicine – Ms. Clarissa Yvonne J. Domingo
- Technology Cluster
- Architecture – Mr. Daniel Chu Go
- Chemistry – Ms. Maribel G. Nonato
- Environmental Planning – Mr. Elmer S. Mercado
- Fisheries – Mr. Serapion N. Tanduyan
- Forestry – Mr. Jose Elmer C. Bascos
- Geology – Ms. Alyssa M. Peleo-Alampay
Outstanding Accredited Professional Organization (APO) of 2019 Award:
- Category A: The Philippine Nurses Association, Inc. (PNA)
- Category B: The United Architects of the Philippines (UAP)
- Category C: The Philippine Guidance and Counseling Association Inc.
Outstanding Professional Regulatory Board of the Year (2020):
- Professional Regulatory Board of Nursing
Ar. Eric C. Nubla Excellence Award for 2020 grantee:
- Mr. Roderick L. Salenga, Outstanding Pharmacist of the Year.
With the success of this year's award ceremonies despite all restrictions brought about by COVID-19, PRC is sincerely grateful for all the efforts and assistance provided by the FOP through its current president Hon. Robert S. Sac, and in the next years to come, the PRC and FOP promise to remain steadfast in critically identifying the most deserving outstanding Filipino professionals, among others.
Indeed, these outstanding professionals and organizations' recognized exemplary contributions will continue to inspire others and remain the shining light amidst time challenges.