Philippine Institute of Civil Engineers (PICE)
4 Albany Street
Cubao, Quezon City
Trunklines: (+632) 709-3936 to 38 / 709-3505 / 709-3429
Telefax No.: (+632) 709-2933 / 709-3415
Re-accredited: Res. No. 2011-609 dated June 7, 2011
In the late 1920’s, some engineers from the government sector pioneered
the first organization of civil engineers in the Philippines – the Philippine Society of Civil Engineers (PSCE). Later in 1937, another group of civil engineers mostly engaged in private practice formed the Philippine Association of Civil Engineers (PACE).
In 1950, the PACE spearheaded the passage of Republic Act No. 544 also
known as the “Civil Engineering Law.” This decree made certain the growth
and well-being of the profession and came to be known as one of civil
Through their consolidated efforts in 1972, the PSCE and PACE merged,
resulting to the organization of the Philippine Institute of Civil Engineers (PICE).
On December 11, 1973, the PICE was registered with the Philippine Securities
and Exchange Commission. Two years later, on August 13, 1975, it was
accredited by the Professional Regulation Commission as the duly recognized
organization of civil engineers in the Philippines.
Committed to the advancement of the knowledge and practice of civil engineering
in the Philippines, the PICE organized a Speakers’ Bureau to conduct
seminars and symposia in the various fields of the profession.
The 16-member Board of Directors elected annually by the PICE member electoral
college ensures the implementation of organizational plans and
programs through standing committees and special ad hoc committees.
Visit webpage of other Boards