On February 23, 1921, Public Act No. 2985 was enacted empowering the
Secretary of Commerce and Communication to appoint members of the boards
of the architecture and engineering professions. The Act, which contained
very general provisions on the regulation of engineering and architecture,
was later amended by Acts No. 3159 and 3182. On June 17, 1950, Republic
Act No. 544 was enacted separating the regulation of the civil engineering
profession from the coverage of Public Act No. 2985 and creating the Board
of Civil Engineering. On June 16, 1956, the law was further amended by
Republic Act No. 1582.
The Board held its first fully computerized examinations on May 29, 1993 and
released the results on November 9, 1993. On February 28, 1995, the Syllabi
for the Subjects in the Civil Engineering licensure examinations was promulgated.
Visit webpage of other Boards