Philippine Association of Social Workers, Inc. (PASWI)
Rm 210 , PSS Center
Don Mariano Marcos Avenue
Tel No. 922-96-21 to 30 loc 308
Date of Accreditation: November 3, 1976
Established on November 12, 1947, the Philippine Association of Social
Workers, Inc. (PASWI) has continuously served the nation through humanitarian
and social welfare and development programs.
True to its zeal to uphold the highest standards of Social Work, the association
was instrumental in the passage on June 19, 1965 of Republic Act No.
4373, “Act to Regulate the Practice of Social Work and the Operation of
Social Work Agencies in the Philippines.” It has also advocated for the
passage of other significant legislative measures including Republic Act No.
5416 which created the Department of Social Welfare in 1968.
Through the efforts of PASWI, the School of Social Work Association of the
Philippines was organized in 1965.
To address human development issues, PASWI collaborates with UNESCO,
the Council for the Prevention of Juvenile Delinquency, the International Conference
on Social Welfare, and other welfare-oriented agencies. In 1973, the
Association was cited by the United Nations Children’s Education Fund as
an “Outstanding International Organization” for its contributions to the profession
and to the community. PASWI was registered with the Securities and
Exchange Commission on April 18, 1948, and became the 22nd PRC-accredited
professional organization on November 3, 1976.
The PASWI continues to engage in activities to service the needs of its
members for professional improvement and improve the standards of social
work practice. These are undertaken through seminars, workshops, conferences
and strong social action and advocacy.
The PASWI currently has 1,093 members and 76 local chapters, the first
established in Davao in 1964.
Visit webpage of other Boards