Board of Midwifery
Qualification of Board Members
Each member of the Board shall at the time of his appointment:
- Be a citizen and resident of the Philippines;
- Be of good moral character;
- Be at least thirty (30) years of age; and
- Not be a member of the faculty, whether full time, part time or lecturer, of any school, college or university where a regular course in midwifery is taught, and shall not have any pecuniary interest directly or indirectly, in such institution during his term of office as a Board member.
The Chairman of the Board shall at the time of his appointment:
- Be a registered obstetrician; and
- Have at least ten (10) years practice as an obstetrician prior to his appointment.
Three (3) members of the Board shall at the time of their appointment:
- Be registered midwives;
- Be degree holders, preferably in the field of health and social sciences; and
- Have at least ten (10) years practice as midwives prior to their appointment, five (5) years of which are in supervisory positions.
One (1) member of the Board shall at the time of his appointment:
- Be a registered nurse-midwife; and
- Have at least ten (10) years practice as a nurse-midwife.
Members of the Board
ALEJANDRO R. SAN PEDRO
JOSEPHINE H. HIPOLITO
REMY B. DEQUIÑA
LOLITA I. DICANG
RHODORA L. LOPEZ
Visit webpage of other Boards