Board of Metallurgical Engineering

History

For decades, the metal industry has been a vital industry in the Philippines. Realizing the need to develop and enhance the extraction of the useful and invaluable minerals in the country, the government resolved to regulate the practice of metallurgical engineering.

Thus on June 11, 1978, Presidential Decree 1536 otherwise known as the “Act Regulating the Practice of the Metallurgical Engineering Profession and Providing for the Licensing and Registration of Metallurgical Engineers,” was issued.

The first Board, which assumed office on December 20, 1978, was composed of Engr. Jones R. Castro as Chairman and Dr. Antonio V. Arizabal, Jr. and Antonio M. Ostrea as Members.

Under the stewardship of Engineer Castro, the Rules and Regulations of the Board of Metallurgical Engineering was promulgated on August 22, 1980.

The Board conducted its first licensure examinations on August 18, 1981 to fifteen examinees, the results of which were released on January 22, 1982.

The Board administered its fully-computerized licensure examinations on August 16-18, 1995. The Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct of Metallurgical Engineers of the Philippines was formally adopted on March 12, 1984. In 1994, the Board issued a resolution promulgating the Syllabi for the Subjects in the Metallurgical Engineering Licensure Examination. The syllabus was immeiately disseminated and circularized to all colleges and schools offering the course of metallurgical engineering.




Information Visit webpage of other Boards













Official Gazette
Open Data Portal