Board of Mechanical Engineering

History

The mechanical engineering profession was first regulated when Public Act No. 2985 was enacted on February 23, 1921. The law empowered the Secretary of Commerce and Communications to appoint board members for the engineering, accountancy and surveying professions.

When the Reorganization Law was enacted in 1932, the Board was placed under the Department of Public Works and Communications. By virtue of Commonwealth Act No. 294 enacted on June 9, 1938, the Board was named Board of Mechanical Engineering Examiners and its various regulatory functions were explicitly defined.




Information Visit webpage of other Boards













Official Gazette
Open Data Portal