Board of Mechanical Engineering
Qualification of Board Members
A member of the Board shall, at the time of his appointment, possess the following qualifications:
- Natural born citizen and resident of the Philippines;
- Must be at least thirty-five (35) years of age;
- Holder of the degree of Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering or its equivalent, conferred by a school, academy, college or university in the Philippines or abroad that is ccredited by the Commission on Higher Education (CHED);
- A Professional Mechanical Engineer with a valid professional license and an active practitioner as such, for not less than ten (10) years prior to his appointment;
- Must not, for a period of three (3) consecutive years prior to appointment, be a member of the faculty of any school, academy, institute, college or university where a regular course in mechanical engineering is being taught, nor have pecuniary interest in or administrative supervision over any such institutions of learning; (f) Must not, for a period of three (3) consecutive years prior to appointment, be connected with a review center or with any group or association where review classes or lectures in preparation for the licensure examination are offered or conducted at the time of appointment; and
- Has never been convicted of any offense involving moral turpitude.
Categories -- Certificates of registration for the practice of mechanical engineering shall be of three (3) categories and in order of rank as follows:
- Professional Mechanical Engineer;
- Mechanical Engineer; and
- Certified Plant Mechanic.
Members of the Board
JESUS M. REDELOSA
FERNANDO S. GUEVARA
MIRARDO C. MALAZARTE, JR.
Visit webpage of other Boards