Practice of Interior Design - The practice of interior design is the act ofplanning, designing, specifying, supervising and giving general administration and responsible direction to the functional, orderly and aesthetic arrangement and development of interiors of buildings and residences that shall contribute to the enhancement and safeguard of life, health and property and the promotion and enrichment of the quality of life. It shall embrace the following activities relative thereto:
- Consultation, advice, direction, evaluation, estimates, appraisals, adjustments and operational programming;
- Schematic designs and development, professional contract documents and construction phases;
- Preparation of preliminary technical, economic and financial feasibility studies including preparation of specialized studies;
- Preparation of plans, specifications, bill of materials, project cost estimates, general conditions and their contract documents;
- Interior construction and project management: administration, supervision, coordination and direction to the planning, designing, construction, renovation, demolition, alteration, preservation or restoration of building interiors;
- The practice of interior design shall also include all other works, projects and activities which require the professional competence of the interior designer, including teaching of interior design subjects and computer- aided design.
Visit webpage of other Boards