The need for a law that would regulate the practice of aeronautical engineering
as a profession was strongly felt in the late 1960’s when aeronautical
engineering and the jobs available for them had increased tremendously.
Through the efforts of the Society of Aerospace Engineers of the Philippines
(SAEP), Presidential Decree No. 1570, otherwise known as the “Philippine
Aeronautical Decree” was enacted on June 11, 1978.
Subsequently, the first Board of Aeronautical Engineering was constituted on
April 6, 1982 with Brig. Gen. Recaredo R. Albano as Chairman and Engrs.
Timoteo A. Cordova, Jr. and Teofilo P. Alberto as Members. It conducted its
first licensure examination in July 1983. Successful examinees took their
oath in November of the same year.
Visit webpage of other Boards